N.S. releases offer details for striking long-term care workers - BERITAJA

Albert Michael By: Albert Michael - Monday, 25 May 2026 00:40:35 • 3 min read
N.S. releases offer details for striking long-term care workers - BERITAJA

N.S. releases offer details for striking long-term care workers - BERITAJA is one of the most discussed topics today. In this article, you will find a clear explanation, key facts, and the latest updates related to this topic, presented in a concise and easy-to-understand way. Read more news on Beritaja.

The Nova Scotia authorities says the national representing semipermanent care  workers rejected a return to the bargaining array this weekend, arsenic a onslaught by labor continues into its 2nd month.

A missive issued precocious Saturday says representatives asked activity of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) to return to the array this weekend.

“We were disappointed that contempt offering CUPE activity to meet Friday, Saturday and Sunday, they would not find the clip to travel backmost to the array until adjacent week,” said Seniors and Long-Term Care Minister Barbara Adams.

Adams besides outlined successful the missive the connection made to CUPE earlier this period erstwhile they met to resume negotiations connected May 7, saying the authorities was “uncertain” if CUPE shared amendments made to its erstwhile offer.

Get regular Canada news delivered to your inbox truthful you'll ne'er miss the day's apical stories.

Get regular Canada news delivered to your inbox truthful you'll ne'er miss the day's apical stories.

Under the offer, semipermanent attraction workers would spot costs increases of 12 to 24 per cent complete the first 4 years of the statement pinch retroactive salary to 2023. The connection besides includes accrued evening and play premiums and entree to a defined use pension plan.

What is caller successful the proposal, according to Adams, is an further $2 per hr opening successful 2027 for labor who gain little than $23 per hour, and an added 1.5 per cent summation for each workers successful 2027.

The province’s missive comes 10 days aft thousands of workers marked 1 period of onslaught action.

Kim Cail, CUPE’s semipermanent attraction co-ordinator, told BERITAJA astatine the clip they had walked distant from the array pursuing the gathering connected May 7 arsenic the state had offered thing new.

“Unfortunately they came to the array Thursday nighttime (May 7) pinch the aforesaid aged connection that they had been providing america since past August,” Cail said.

BERITAJA has reached retired to CUPE for remark connected the province’s letter.

Both sides person said services astatine semipermanent attraction homes are continuing but astatine a reduced level, meaning the scope of support residents person is limited.

Criticism was besides levied by Adams’ letter, saying CUPE has not put the existent connection to a ballot and that determination is simply a “major obstacle.”

“CUPE leadership’s determination not to put the existent connection to a rank ballot has go a awesome obstacle to resolution,” Adams wrote.

She went connected to impulse CUPE to put the existent connection to a ballot by members.

&copy 2026 BERITAJA, a section of Corus Entertainment Inc.

This article discusses N.S. releases offer details for striking long-term care workers - BERITAJA in detail, including key facts, recent developments, and important insights that readers are actively searching for online.